Thursday 23 October 2008

Flamenco



During my stay in Madrid, I visited a Tablao, Cafe de Chinitas and enjoyed Flamenco. Dinner starts around 9 pm in Spain generally and the show starts from 12 pm. Diego Liori and Rosario performed splendid dance at the night. It is really a kind of art.


This reminds me of a movie, Carmen (1983) in which Antonio Gades, Christina Hoyos, Laura del Sol, Poco de Lucia etc., the best members at those days played. I tried to buy it in Amazon, but it has become a premium one.


"Carmen" is also famous as a French opéra by Georges Bizet. Carlos Kleiber's one is one of my favorite music.


"Flamenco" grew out of the unique interplay of native Arabic, Andalusian,Sephardic, and Gypsy cultures that existed in Andalusia prior to and after the Reconquest.


There are many Japanese who are attracted by Flamenco and Spanish food. We could now easilly enjoy Spanish taste here in Tokyo. Where to go?


No comments: